VoiceBox Resources Page

We have compiled a list of services and hotlines you can contact if you or someone you know needs help. If is an emergency please contact your local police or emergency services. All hotlines are free.


The Samaritans are UK based and are available, day or night, for anyone who’s struggling to cope, who needs someone to listen without judgement or pressure. Call 116 123 for free.

The US National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or Live Online Chat

If you or someone you know is suicidal or in emotional distress, contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Trained crisis workers are available to talk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your confidential and toll-free call goes to the nearest crisis center in the Lifeline national network. These centers provide crisis counseling and mental health referrals.

Young Minds Crisis Messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. 

Mental Health Help:

YoungMinds provides expert information and guidance on young people's mental health. 

National Institute of Mental Health provides resources to find help for you, a friend, or a family member.

Mind  is a UK based charity that provides advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem.

For Help With Eating Disorders:

Beat Eating Disorders is an eating disorder charity in the UK. They have help lines you can call and a one on one chat service. 

The US National Eating Disorders Association  provides help and resources and treatment options for you or a loved one struggling with an eating disorder. They have a helpline you can call or if you feel more comfortable you can text or chat online with trained volunteers. 

For help if you are in an abusive relationship:

The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence: The NCADV has provided a list of referred resources covering a wide variety of needs. They also offer resources for those working with victims and survivors of domestic violence.

The NHS has provided links and guidance on support available for people in abusive relationships.

For support surrounding substance use:

The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration provides help and treatment for substance abuse. It also has a hotline you can call confidentially for free. 

Young Minds has provided information and resources on young people’s drug and alcohol use

FRANK: Find out everything you need to know about drugs, their effects and the law in the UK. Talk to Frank for facts, support and advice on drugs and alcohol today.