- Comic Book Movies: More Than Just EntertainmentComic Book Movies: More Than Just Entertainment
How simple pleasures can mean a lot to those facing dark times
- Marginal Gains and the Importance of Baby StepsMarginal Gains and the Importance of Baby Steps
"Taking baby steps is absolutely vital to making what will hopefully be lasting changes."
- My Experience of Working While at UniversityMy Experience of Working While at University
Advice for those looking for a student job
- Let’s Talk About the Monetisation of Self-Care Apps and Other ‘Wellness’ ProductsLet’s Talk About the Monetisation of Self-Care Apps and Other ‘Wellness’ Products
The ethics behind 'wellness' and 'mental health' apps
- A Loved OneA Loved One
- Is Internet Culture Now the Absolute Culture?Is Internet Culture Now the Absolute Culture?
How the digital age has reshaped the meaning of the term 'pop culture'
- “Direction-ism”: Living Life by a Set of Principles“Direction-ism”: Living Life by a Set of Principles
How to find direction in your life when you feel lost
- The Most Anticipated Video Game Releases of 2023The Most Anticipated Video Game Releases of 2023
2023 is a very promising year for new games!
- The Problem with Predatory Age Gaps in DatingThe Problem with Predatory Age Gaps in Dating
Why young people should date one another - the alternative is surprisingly popular
- Is it Time for Glow Ups to Go Out of Fashion?Is it Time for Glow Ups to Go Out of Fashion?
Why glow up videos might not be as positive as they seem on the surface
- Why Our Generation Loves FriendsWhy Our Generation Loves Friends
Why the 1990s sitcom has such a hold on this generation
- Climate Legislation: The Only Way to Save The PlanetClimate Legislation: The Only Way to Save The Planet
Why holding big corporations accountable is the only way to significantly reduce the effects of climate change
- What Life is Like When You've Experienced Trauma or Loss as a ChildWhat Life is Like When You've Experienced Trauma or Loss as a Child
A young woman shares her experiences since losing her mum at a young age
- 5 Lord of the Rings Characters Who Deserved More Screen Time5 Lord of the Rings Characters Who Deserved More Screen Time
The movies didn't do these characters justice...
- AI Writing ToolsAI Writing Tools
What impact will they have on the future of education?
A poem about how to find inner contentment
- Reality Shifting: Escapism Gone Too Far?Reality Shifting: Escapism Gone Too Far?
A VoiceBox Report
- Video Games and Mental HealthVideo Games and Mental Health
How one gamer found solace in a virtual world
- Enjoying NatureEnjoying Nature
A series of poems
- Trying to Make It Through The Last Week Of The Month on an Insufficient BudgetTrying to Make It Through The Last Week Of The Month on an Insufficient Budget
A young person shares the struggle that many people are facing in a cost of living crisis
- TikTok LIVE: From the Harmful to the Wholesome to the Just Plain StrangeTikTok LIVE: From the Harmful to the Wholesome to the Just Plain Strange
We've spent some time on TikTok LIVE. Here's what we've observed...
- What Does it Mean to be a Multipotentialite?What Does it Mean to be a Multipotentialite?
The challenges of navigating life when you don't feel like you have "one true calling"
- Violence Against Women: When Will This Behaviour Start to be Punished More Severely?Violence Against Women: When Will This Behaviour Start to be Punished More Severely?
Why a young writer feels that there's not enough being done to stop violence against women and girls
- What is a 'Dopamine Detox'?What is a 'Dopamine Detox'?
And is it worth doing?
- The Ethical Dilemma Behind Using AI ArtThe Ethical Dilemma Behind Using AI Art
Why creating a portrait of yourself using AI might not be as harmless as you think
- Are New Year's Resolutions Harmful Instead of Helpful?Are New Year's Resolutions Harmful Instead of Helpful?
Why making the wrong resolutions can actually do more harm than good.
- How to Deal With Toxic Relatives During The HolidaysHow to Deal With Toxic Relatives During The Holidays
While the holiday season is a great time to spend time with loved ones, here's what to do when some family members make the holidays difficult
- Should Parents Send Their Children to Single-Sex Schools?Should Parents Send Their Children to Single-Sex Schools?
It seems like more parents are sending their children to single-sex schools lately, but is that a mistake?
- VoiceBox 2022 HighlightsVoiceBox 2022 Highlights
We've had a great year at VoiceBox! Check out what we've been up to...
- The Everyday Struggle of CommutingThe Everyday Struggle of Commuting
Having to choose between safety and convenience vs being economical and environmentally conscious
- 6 Things I’ve Learned from Living Alone in My 20s6 Things I’ve Learned from Living Alone in My 20s
A young writer shares her experiences from her first four months of living alone
- The Value of Handmade GoodsThe Value of Handmade Goods
Why it is important to recognize both the monetary and intrinsic value of handmade goods.
- Schools Uniforms: Do They Really Help Students?Schools Uniforms: Do They Really Help Students?
Why school uniforms shouldn't act as the solution to all problems students face at school
- Digital Concerts: A Step Towards a ‘Good’ Metaverse?Digital Concerts: A Step Towards a ‘Good’ Metaverse?
Are the Abba Voyage digital concerts a "glimpse of our technological future"?
- Passion, Our Guiding LightPassion, Our Guiding Light
- What It Feels Like to Be a "Late Bloomer"What It Feels Like to Be a "Late Bloomer"
Everyone is on their own timeline. Your life isn’t over if you don’t accomplish everything before turning 30.
- The 24/7 News Cycle of Social MediaThe 24/7 News Cycle of Social Media
And its negative impact on us
- How UFC’s Popularity ExplodedHow UFC’s Popularity Exploded
How UFC "pushed past barriers and gradually transformed MMA from a spectacle to a sport."
- How Has Japan Become So Advanced?How Has Japan Become So Advanced?
A student passionate about Japanese culture shares some history about how Japan recovered from WW2 and became a potential world superpower
- How Some Companies Are Exploiting Our Desire to ‘Play’How Some Companies Are Exploiting Our Desire to ‘Play’
Gamifying the workplace is distorting the way employees view employment and downtime
- Practical Ways You Can Save Money as a StudentPractical Ways You Can Save Money as a Student
A student shares tips that she's learned from experience on how to save money
- The Importance of Building a Wider CommunityThe Importance of Building a Wider Community
A young woman from the Philippines advocates for the importance of creating a sense of citizenship in the community
- Are Online Competitive Games Really Harmless?Are Online Competitive Games Really Harmless?
A gamer weighs in on the addictive nature of online competitive games
How it became more than just a subculture, but a lifestyle
- Why We Need an Education RevolutionWhy We Need an Education Revolution
The system of regurgitating information for a test isn't cutting it anymore
- Elon Musk Has Officially Taken Over TwitterElon Musk Has Officially Taken Over Twitter
Here’s what we’re keeping an eye out for
- 6 Benefits Of Going To Therapy6 Benefits Of Going To Therapy
Why everyone can benefit from seeing a professional therapist
What are they and should we be worried about them?
- Nigerian Wedding MusicNigerian Wedding Music
The diverse and interesting varieties of music that can be played at a Nigerian wedding
- Digital Families 2022Digital Families 2022
A recap to the conference featuring expert speakers across the worlds of technology, education, parenting and online safety.
- Is Censorship Necessary?Is Censorship Necessary?
Is censorship for the greater good or is it a violation of free speech?
- The Increasing Speed of the Trend CycleThe Increasing Speed of the Trend Cycle
How social media has caused the trend cycle to spiral out of control
- Learning to Love Being a WomanLearning to Love Being a Woman
A young woman who was raised in a misogynistic cult shares how it affected her views on womanhood
- Why I Wish I Was a Teenager in the 90sWhy I Wish I Was a Teenager in the 90s
A '2000s baby' reflects on why he feels the 90s were the best time to be a teenager
- How to Spot a Scammer on Dating SitesHow to Spot a Scammer on Dating Sites
What red flags you should watch out for to avoid getting your heart and bank account broken by a scammer
- How Your Home Environment Affects Your Mental WellbeingHow Your Home Environment Affects Your Mental Wellbeing
How improving your space can positively impact your productivity and happiness
- The Worrying Rise of 'Incels'The Worrying Rise of 'Incels'
What used to be a rather small and harmless subculture on the internet has become a cause for concern
- My Experience With A Solely Online RelationshipMy Experience With A Solely Online Relationship
A young woman shares her story of a relationship that started and ended online
- 4 Workplace Practices That Need To Be Stopped4 Workplace Practices That Need To Be Stopped
A young person shares the workplace practices that she feels are red flags
- The Dated Business Model of Celebrity BrandsThe Dated Business Model of Celebrity Brands
What once had a griphold on the public is now losing it's power
- Why Living With Your Parents is Not Shameful in this EconomyWhy Living With Your Parents is Not Shameful in this Economy
Nowadays living with your parents is more common than you think.
- How To Treat a Friend Who is Struggling with AnorexiaHow To Treat a Friend Who is Struggling with Anorexia
A young person provides some guidance for friends and family of those suffering with anorexia
- Work Attire and Imposter SyndromeWork Attire and Imposter Syndrome
A young person shares the dilemma she faced when entering the workforce for the first time
- What is it Like Living With Chronic IllnessWhat is it Like Living With Chronic Illness
A young person living with CFS/ME her experiences
- Tips for Overcoming FailureTips for Overcoming Failure
Sometimes things don't go the way you planned - here's how to move on from setbacks
- 5 Tips to Improve Your Remote Internship for Young People5 Tips to Improve Your Remote Internship for Young People
In today's business climate, more and more companies are offering remote internships as an opportunity for students. However, this shift isn't without its challenges.
- “Inside the Secret World of Trading Nudes”“Inside the Secret World of Trading Nudes”
VoiceBox responds to a recent BBC investigation
- Live Forever in the Metaverse...Live Forever in the Metaverse...
But Only If You Are Willing to Leave Your Physical Body and Become a Living App
- Andrew Tate is an Epidemic That Won’t Stop SpreadingAndrew Tate is an Epidemic That Won’t Stop Spreading
Why Does Negative Content Gain so Much Traction Online?
- Take the Plunge into Owning HouseplantsTake the Plunge into Owning Houseplants
A Beginner’s (Brief) Guide to General Care
- How To Not Feel Scammed By The Wellness TrendHow To Not Feel Scammed By The Wellness Trend
How to make "wellness" an individual experience
- How to Cope With the Loss of a ParentHow to Cope With the Loss of a Parent
A young person's journey through grief after the loss of her father
- Snacking on Cartel FodderSnacking on Cartel Fodder
How US Consumerism Fuels Avocado Cartels
- The Romanticization of Toxic Relationships in the MediaThe Romanticization of Toxic Relationships in the Media
Why shows and movies need to do a better job at boldening the line between what's acceptable in a relationship
- Should Young People Be Worried About Their Digital Privacy?Should Young People Be Worried About Their Digital Privacy?
Why digital privacy is a right that needs to be "enshrined in law"
- So You Want To Try Vanlife…What Now?So You Want To Try Vanlife…What Now?
An honest review of what it's like to live full-time in a converted van
- Tips on How To Manage Your Emotions While TradingTips on How To Manage Your Emotions While Trading
How to stay cool when playing the market
- Is Starlink the Future of Cloud Gaming?Is Starlink the Future of Cloud Gaming?
Will Starlink be able to make fast and reliable internet accessible to everyone?
- My Experience Being a Member of a CultMy Experience Being a Member of a Cult
How to Recognize the Warning Signs That You or a Loved One are in a Cult
- Tips for Students Starting UniversityTips for Students Starting University
A university student’s take on what might be useful to know before starting this new stage in life
- Surviving TwiceSurviving Twice
One writers story of how he came back from the depths of despair
- The Art of Pen-PallingThe Art of Pen-Palling
Why pen-palling is an enriching hobby that everyone can do
- Why ‘Better Call Saul’ is the Best Thing Airing on Television Right NowWhy ‘Better Call Saul’ is the Best Thing Airing on Television Right Now
Why the 'Breaking Bad' spin-off show might be even better than the original
- A Day in the Life of Someone Who Struggles With Their Mental HealthA Day in the Life of Someone Who Struggles With Their Mental Health
A young writer from Greece explains the challenges he faces on a daily basis
- The Growing Influence of Podcasts in KenyaThe Growing Influence of Podcasts in Kenya
Why listeners are shifting from traditional radio to podcasts
- What Are Young People Saying About the Overturn of Roe v Wade?What Are Young People Saying About the Overturn of Roe v Wade?
Reactions to the ruling and insights about new data privacy concerns
- A Deep Dive Into the “That Girl” TrendA Deep Dive Into the “That Girl” Trend
The "that girl" trend on TikTok can act as motivation but it also has a lot of underlying issues
- Overcoming my Struggles with Decision MakingOvercoming my Struggles with Decision Making
How to move past the fear of regrets
- Why Stranger Things is the Best Thing That Has Ever Happened to NetflixWhy Stranger Things is the Best Thing That Has Ever Happened to Netflix
Why a show about a group of kids in the '80s battling supernatural forces became one of the most beloved shows of all time
- Why I Will No Longer Be Making Vision BoardsWhy I Will No Longer Be Making Vision Boards
Could your vision board actually be the source of your demotivation?
- The Morbius MovieThe Morbius Movie
How it turned from a failure, to an internet phenomenon, and back to a failure
- Why is Vegetarian and Vegan Activism so Controversial?Why is Vegetarian and Vegan Activism so Controversial?
Should vegetarian and vegan activists actually be listened to?
- The Wisdom of Trauma - ExplainedThe Wisdom of Trauma - Explained
A young writer shares some key insights from the documentary "The Wisdom of Trauma"
- Why are we still watching Love Island?Why are we still watching Love Island?
Is the reality dating show what it used to be?
- An Open Letter to Those Who DreamAn Open Letter to Those Who Dream
Why this generation should be known as the dreamers
- Mukbang Mania!Mukbang Mania!
What are mukbangs and why are they so popular?
- The Highs and Lows of Ship LifeThe Highs and Lows of Ship Life
Is a job on a cruise ship really all that?
- 14 Signs You’re Outgrowing a Friendship14 Signs You’re Outgrowing a Friendship
And healthy ways to deal with it
- Why Go To Law School?Why Go To Law School?
A law student in the UK shares why he believes earning a law degree opens up a world of possibilities
- Abuse Isn’t Gender-BoundAbuse Isn’t Gender-Bound
Men Can Suffer From Abusive Relationships Too
- Arcane: An Animation That Dares to Break the MoldsArcane: An Animation That Dares to Break the Molds
Why the show based in the League of Legends universe is so special
- "The Closet" is Going Out of Style"The Closet" is Going Out of Style
A member of the LGBTQ+ community shares why she feels coming out doesn't always have to be a huge deal
- Living with Alcohol Use DisorderLiving with Alcohol Use Disorder
A young person shares her story of recovery from AUD
- Some Thoughts on the Vivienne Westwood FoundationSome Thoughts on the Vivienne Westwood Foundation
A VoiceBox team member recently attended a launch event for the Vivienne Westwood foundation and was left with some questions
- I’m Tired of Having to Defend My Choices to Other FeministsI’m Tired of Having to Defend My Choices to Other Feminists
A young feminist explains why judging women for how they choose to express themselves isn't feminism
- A playlist of Lofi Songs by NichiyoubiA playlist of Lofi Songs by Nichiyoubi
Sit back and study or just chill with these Lofi beats
- Swiping Left and Right on Dating AppsSwiping Left and Right on Dating Apps
Some Tips From a Young Person to Help You Navigate the Online Dating World
- India: A Potential SuperpowerIndia: A Potential Superpower
A young writer explains why he feels India is on the way to becoming a world superpower
- What is Web 3.0 and Why Does it Matter?What is Web 3.0 and Why Does it Matter?
A young person explains what is being predicted for the future of the internet
- Mass Shootings: A Staple of American SocietyMass Shootings: A Staple of American Society
An American student shares his frustrations about the frequent mass shootings
- Life After Graduation: A Survivor's GuideLife After Graduation: A Survivor's Guide
A young writer from the UK shares her tips to survive the "mad rush for employment"
- Why I Won't Be Having Biological ChildrenWhy I Won't Be Having Biological Children
A young writer shares why she's thinking twice about bringing a child into the world
- How Valorant Rekindled Old FriendshipsHow Valorant Rekindled Old Friendships
How a video game brought a group of high school friends back together
- The World of K-pop: A Well-Crafted PR ImageThe World of K-pop: A Well-Crafted PR Image
A K-pop skeptic shares her views on the PR culture surrounding the genre
- The Benefits of JournalingThe Benefits of Journaling
A young person shares his journaling practices and how it has helped him.
- Elon Musk has bought Twitter… so what happens now?Elon Musk has bought Twitter… so what happens now?
VoiceBox's response to the recent shift in power at Twitter's HQ
- I Broke Up With My Smartphone Part 2I Broke Up With My Smartphone Part 2
A follow up from the young writer who switched out their smartphone for a flip phone
- Bioremediation as an Alternative to Combat PollutionBioremediation as an Alternative to Combat Pollution
A young biotechnology engineer explains the value of using bioremediation
- Living With the Most Painful Condition Known to MedicineLiving With the Most Painful Condition Known to Medicine
A young person shares her experience of living with a "invisible" disability that causes her chronic pain
- How to Master Exam SeasonHow to Master Exam Season
A student shares his tips on how to take control of exam season
- Self-Doubt and Worldly ExpectationsSelf-Doubt and Worldly Expectations
A young writer from India reflects on why we should let go of our self-doubt and "master our circumstances"
- Face masks: the other face behind the protective barrier against COVID-19Face masks: the other face behind the protective barrier against COVID-19
A young biotechnology engineer explains the impacts of face mask waste
- Munchausen by InternetMunchausen by Internet
A VoiceBox Report
- Plastic Surgery- Marketing Gimmick or A Feminist Idea?Plastic Surgery- Marketing Gimmick or A Feminist Idea?
A young person shares her thoughts about plastic surgery being labeled as "empowering"
- I Broke Up With My SmartphoneI Broke Up With My Smartphone
A young writer shares how liberating switching to a "dumb phone" can be
- Struggling to Get Your First Job?Struggling to Get Your First Job?
Here Are 10 Tips to Stay Positive.
- Social Media is Making Language Learning Much EasierSocial Media is Making Language Learning Much Easier
Learning a language is now more accessible than ever!
- NFTs: A Revolution Or A Passing Fad?NFTs: A Revolution Or A Passing Fad?
What are NFTs and are they worth investing in?
- 8 things I realised in my teenage years that brought me peace of mind8 things I realised in my teenage years that brought me peace of mind
A young person shares some of the things she learned during her teenage years
- How AI Will Impact Jobs In The FutureHow AI Will Impact Jobs In The Future
Will humans become "obsolete" as AI takes over?
- An Open Letter to a Person I’m Glad I MetAn Open Letter to a Person I’m Glad I Met
How one friend can shape you into the person you are today.
- Unfounded ItemUnfounded Item
A poem about dual personalities presented in mental illness
- Metaverse: A Passing Trend or an Internet Revolution?Metaverse: A Passing Trend or an Internet Revolution?
A young person shares his thoughts on what the future of the Metaverse looks like
- "The Tinder Swindler" Women Who Sacrificed Everything…Twice"The Tinder Swindler" Women Who Sacrificed Everything…Twice
A young person's take on the latest viral Netflix documentary
- Why I prefer watching shows weekly over binge-watchingWhy I prefer watching shows weekly over binge-watching
and why it makes the viewing experience more special
- Spiking: here’s what young people really thinkSpiking: here’s what young people really think
We spoke to our network of young people to explore what they truly think about spiking
A poem about being the victim of spiking
- The Importance of Negative Results in ScienceThe Importance of Negative Results in Science
A young biologist argues that negative results in science are valuable and are worth being published and shared.
- Spiking: an age-old threat with no end in sightSpiking: an age-old threat with no end in sight
A young woman from the UK shares her experiences surrounding spiking
- Age Gating Explicit Content on the Internet: A Multifaceted IssueAge Gating Explicit Content on the Internet: A Multifaceted Issue
VoiceBox's response to the UK's plans to age gate explicit content online
- Is Gender Equality Actually Achievable?Is Gender Equality Actually Achievable?
A young woman from Pakistan shares her views on why we are still far from achieving gender equality.
- Are All TikTok Food Trends Cringe?Are All TikTok Food Trends Cringe?
Or Are They Simple and Affordable Lifehacks?
- Messy Emotions and Social ConventionsMessy Emotions and Social Conventions
How much more would we be able to achieve if we gave each other permission to be a little more honest?
- I love clubbing… but here’s why it also scares meI love clubbing… but here’s why it also scares me
A young person shares her experience of being spiked at a night club.
- Why spiking is an urgent issue that must be addressedWhy spiking is an urgent issue that must be addressed
VoiceBox's response to the significant increase in spiking
- What socialism in Venezuela has done to young peopleWhat socialism in Venezuela has done to young people
and why they are left searching for stability
- Life-changing strategies for declutteringLife-changing strategies for decluttering
How to "transition from a disheveled youth to an "orderly oldster"
- Testing out the Animedoro Technique: Does it actually work?Testing out the Animedoro Technique: Does it actually work?
And how it is better than Pomodoro
- Your First Roommate Experience: Making Room for Each Other's RoutinesYour First Roommate Experience: Making Room for Each Other's Routines
A guide to make rooming with another person much more manageable.
At times we all feel alone, but those feelings never last forever.
- Why Take Personality Tests?Why Take Personality Tests?
Are they worth your time?
- New Year's FrustrationNew Year's Frustration
Why one young person hates the idea of having to 'start again' on January 1st
- Dealing with BurnoutDealing with Burnout
Burnout can be scary at first, but it's not impossible to overcome.
- Support for LGBTQIA+ people during the holiday breakSupport for LGBTQIA+ people during the holiday break
Where you can turn to if you’re struggling over the festive season.
- Managing grief or sickness at ChristmasManaging grief or sickness at Christmas
If you’re missing someone or coping with a sick family member – here is some advice to help you get through
- How to get through the holidays with an eating disorderHow to get through the holidays with an eating disorder
A guide on how to deal with the food festivities
- Maybe Failure Isn't That BadMaybe Failure Isn't That Bad
How a young athlete got back up after learning from his mistakes.
- The Power of Meditation:The Power of Meditation:
Why you need to spend more time sitting in silence.
- Drawing the Line between Live & Online Stand-up Comedy ShowsDrawing the Line between Live & Online Stand-up Comedy Shows
...and how one of them can never sustain in the long run.
- Hustle CultureHustle Culture
How the constant pressure to be "productive" can lead to unbalanced lives.
A poem about the pressures of growing up
- The State of Magic: The Gathering and Other Tabletop GamesThe State of Magic: The Gathering and Other Tabletop Games
A tabletop games fan shares what he loves about playing Magic: The Gathering
- What is Polyamory?What is Polyamory?
"Polyamory is not one size fits all."
- COP26 - a win for the planet or just wishy washy politics?COP26 - a win for the planet or just wishy washy politics?
Our response to the 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference
- A Plague Beneath the Waves: Noise PollutionA Plague Beneath the Waves: Noise Pollution
The most dangerous form of ocean pollution might be one we can't see.
- Lockdown LonelinessLockdown Loneliness
A poem written during the UK's lockdowns
- The challenging art of caring too much.The challenging art of caring too much.
Why labeling yourself can be dangerous.
- Digital FashionDigital Fashion
A step towards sustainability?
- India - The Sleeping Esports GiantIndia - The Sleeping Esports Giant
The golden age of Esports in India is about to begin.
- How to prepare yourself to live independentlyHow to prepare yourself to live independently
"Apart from financial preparations, independent living takes an awful lot of mental preparation as well."
- Looking to Go Green with Your Drinks? Let's Talk About Metal Straws!Looking to Go Green with Your Drinks? Let's Talk About Metal Straws!
A young writer explains why they feel everyone should invest in a set of metal straws.
- The History of the Jack-o'-lanternThe History of the Jack-o'-lantern
The story behind the classic Halloween symbol
- What Study Abroad Students Should Know About Coming to the U.S. Post-COVIDWhat Study Abroad Students Should Know About Coming to the U.S. Post-COVID
Studying abroad in the US is possible, but there's a lot to keep in mind...
- Fighting Fast FashionFighting Fast Fashion
Steps you can take to reduce your fashion footprint
- The new trend of faking serious mental illnesses online to gain popularityThe new trend of faking serious mental illnesses online to gain popularity
"Suddenly appearing to have a mental illness is a fashion trend."
- Tokyo: a mix of the ultramodern and historicalTokyo: a mix of the ultramodern and historical
A traveler shares three photograph locations in Tokyo, Japan
- Why eco-responsibility is especially important for Colombian citizensWhy eco-responsibility is especially important for Colombian citizens
"There is always something that can be done"
- Midnight Shower DrowningMidnight Shower Drowning
A poem about reinvention and moving forward from one's shortcomings and regrets
- How Glorifying Mental Health Illnesses Actually Takes Away From the DiscourseHow Glorifying Mental Health Illnesses Actually Takes Away From the Discourse
A young writer shares her thoughts on why we should stop glorifying mental health illnesses online.
- Digital Wellbeing: A Balancing ActDigital Wellbeing: A Balancing Act
A VoiceBox x Parent Zone Report
- The Days ResultThe Days Result
A love poem to Tooting high street
- How to read more booksHow to read more books
3 simple tips to help you achieve your reading goals
- Mother EarthMother Earth
An artist's depiction of what happens when we let 'Mother Earth' die
- What's up with K-pop?What's up with K-pop?
One woman's experience of becoming a "K-pop fangirl".
- 7 “Lazy” Things that Are Actually Productive7 “Lazy” Things that Are Actually Productive
You might be being more productive than you think...
- Why the world needs to listen to young people about climate changeWhy the world needs to listen to young people about climate change
...before its too late.
- Apple’s Controversies Over the YearsApple’s Controversies Over the Years
“Great success attracts great controversy”.
- The Lockdown's Jarring Effects on the LGBTQ+ CommunityThe Lockdown's Jarring Effects on the LGBTQ+ Community
and ways you can help
- How to survive a lockdown with roommatesHow to survive a lockdown with roommates
A writer shares his 4 'edicts' for making a lockdown bearable in a shared space
- What Is It Like Being An Introvert In Your First Year In UniversityWhat Is It Like Being An Introvert In Your First Year In University
Being an introverted freshman in a world that is entirely new to you is no easy task!
- Why you should join a theater groupWhy you should join a theater group
A performer shares why everyone can benefit from participating in theater
- Who Pulls the Internets’ Strings?Who Pulls the Internets’ Strings?
A VoiceBox response to the OnlyFans drama
- How to decorate your room on a budgetHow to decorate your room on a budget
Giving your room a makeover doesn't have to be pricey!
- Half EmptyHalf Empty
A poem about trying to overcome trauma.
- What to do when you want to stay sober at a partyWhat to do when you want to stay sober at a party
A university student shares his tips on what to do when you want to stay sober, but don't want to miss out on the party.
- Why are feminine traits frowned upon in society?Why are feminine traits frowned upon in society?
A young writer from Pakistan shares her views on feminism and toxic masculinity.
- Deities, Spice, and Everything NiceDeities, Spice, and Everything Nice
The Anthropology of #WitchTok
- How are global sporting events helping people stay positive?How are global sporting events helping people stay positive?
For a lot of people sports have been a glimmer of light in this difficult year.
- Down the rabbit-hole of cyberflashingDown the rabbit-hole of cyberflashing
VoiceBox's response to the Law Commission Report
- How have creators ridden the wave of the pandemic?How have creators ridden the wave of the pandemic?
A standup comedian shares his perspective on how creators and performers have coped with the lockdowns.
- What does it feel like to break up with your best friend?What does it feel like to break up with your best friend?
In some cases it can be more painful than breaking up with a significant other.
- Cruella: Sympathy for the She-devilCruella: Sympathy for the She-devil
A review of Disney's new movie: Cruella
- Why being single is revolutionaryWhy being single is revolutionary
and why we should all be focusing on loving ourselves before rushing into a relationship
- Why we want YOU to get involvedWhy we want YOU to get involved
How to stay up to date on all the ways you can get involved with VoiceBox
- Should tattoos make you less employable?Should tattoos make you less employable?
Or do tattoos actually indicate positive traits?
- The Covid rutThe Covid rut
Why has it affected young people so much?
- Love LessonsLove Lessons
A spoken word poet advocates that we should all have a little more self-love.
- Billie Eilish – is she 'queerbaiting'?Billie Eilish – is she 'queerbaiting'?
Or is she just a young person exploring her sexuality?
- What is the current situation in Colombia?What is the current situation in Colombia?
And why are people taking to the streets in protest?
- Why it is crucial that students get the mental health help that they needWhy it is crucial that students get the mental health help that they need
A high school student in the US argues that mental health help should be widely available to students.
- Billie Eilish's Vogue CoverBillie Eilish's Vogue Cover
A sell-out or a symbol of female empowerment?
- What is it like to grow up with immigrant parents?What is it like to grow up with immigrant parents?
The child of two first generation immigrants from Syria shares her story.
- Dating during a pandemicDating during a pandemic
Is it an adventure or a nightmare?
- What is it like to study for exams?What is it like to study for exams?
A day in the life of an American university student during the midst of exam season.
- OnlyFans and young people: exploitation or empowerment?OnlyFans and young people: exploitation or empowerment?
A VoiceBox x Parent Zone Report
- Are there benefits to not attending a university?Are there benefits to not attending a university?
Is the cost and effort of uni worth it?
- Survey - Future Planning for Young People *CLOSED*Survey - Future Planning for Young People *CLOSED*
NO LONGER ACCEPTING ENTRIES We have partnered with Parent Zone to create a survey about young people's plans for the future. All entries have a chance to win a £25 Amazon gift card!
- Is radio a dead medium?Is radio a dead medium?
Or are podcasts revitalizing the radio industry?
- What is it like to have a learning disability?What is it like to have a learning disability?
and what little things can employers and organizations do to help?
- What is it like being raised by an extremely religious parent?What is it like being raised by an extremely religious parent?
When the extent of control in the name of 'faith' goes too far...
- How to tell if you've found the pet for youHow to tell if you've found the pet for you
10 signs you're a bona fide pet parent
- What is it like to experience an abusive relationship?What is it like to experience an abusive relationship?
A young woman tells her story
- The beauty of Arabic calligraphyThe beauty of Arabic calligraphy
An artist from the UK shares her meaningful and unique art pieces
- Why it's important to give support without the blameWhy it's important to give support without the blame
A young student shares her poem about having supportive conversations.
- What’s it like to live with a parent who has a personality disorder?What’s it like to live with a parent who has a personality disorder?
And what can be done about it?
- Morse CodeMorse Code
A poem about the effects of isolation during lockdown on a young person's mental health.
- What does it take to be a certified stuntman?What does it take to be a certified stuntman?
A stuntman trainee and sports enthusiast talks about how his training has helped him with his ADHD.